Facebook is undoubtedly the biggest and one of the most popular social media platforms of this 21st century. According to a research, it is accessible to almost 60.6% of the total internet users worldwide. The platform has nearly 2.7 billion monthly active users, out of which 2.1 billion people access the social networking site on a daily basis.
These staggering statistics are enough to attract brands and businesses who now use it as a prominent communication channel to reach out to their audience. A report by Pew Research Center also claims that more than 80 million small businesses interact with their target audience through Facebook pages.
According to the top social outreach agencies in India, various brands, businesses and individual artists use Facebook pages to promote themselves and their work. However, they are required to agree upon a number of terms and policies in order to develop a personal or fan page on Facebook. Thus, it is important to know about the respective policies as failing to meet them can get their account banned or suspended.
Here are some important Facebook policies that all brands, businesses and artists should know about:
Facebook is a visual content heavy platform that allows posting of multiple photos and videos on the timeline. However, the cover photo of a Facebook page often serves as a show-stopper and attracts the users first. Thus, brands and businesses try to design the best cover photo possible. However, they are required to meet a number of graphic guidelines in order to post the cover photo. Some of them include:
- The designed cover photo should not have any kind of price or purchase information. For instance, businesses cannot add information like “40% off” on their cover photo.
- It should not include any kind of Call to Action (CTA) that encourages the audience to like, share or comment on the post.
- The cover photo should not include any kind of contact information like website or mailing ID. However, they can be included in other timeline photos.
According to the best influencer endorsement agencies in India, people are required to follow all the graphic policies listed on Facebook, failing to which can result in blocking of the page or account.
Various brands and businesses use Facebook marketing to advertise their products or services. However, the social media platform has an exclusive set of advertising polices that guides them on what type of advert content is allowed. Some of them include:
- The advertisement should not make any sensational or unsubstantiated claim that can mislead people.
- It should reflect the product or service being sold on the landing page. It should not promote any illegal product or service.
- The landing page must provide clear and accurate information about the product when the users click on the ads.
- The ad should not include any kind of prohibited content that violates Facebook’s community standards.
- The ads should not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people on any personal attributes.
According to the best influencer marketing agencies in India, Facebook has formulated these policies in order to create a compliant and user-friendly advert experience. Furthermore, there are more than 30 guidelines (including the above-mentioned) under the Prohibited Content policies that provides information about the relevancy of advert content.