Influencer marketing is a powerful tool to generate visibility for your brand these days. And the concept looks simpler too: you find an influencer with a large social following, then ask this individual to share your brand’s ideas through word of mouth promotion.
The bad news is that it is not this easy as it sounds!
If you have already tried it, you know what we are talking about. Influencers get plenty of requests in a day that want to grab their attention. So how do you have them onboard for your word of mouth marketing? Let’s check out!
- Know your ultimate goal before you approach them. What do you want the social media influencer marketing campaign to yield you? Equip your influencer with this clarity when you approach them.
- Don’t take a deep dive in the first go. If you are a newbie in your industry, you are unlikely to grab the attention of top-level influencers in your industry. Stop chasing them, and narrow your focus on influencers who have good number of followers and are approachable.
- Start with the basics. Don’t rush into making a major request from day one. Follow the influencer to know how they communicate, their area of expertise, as well as the best way of getting a response. Contribute towards their growth and popularity by retweeting or sharing their content to seek their attention in subtle ways.
- Give before you take. Asking for a favor straightaway is going to let you down. Lead with some valuable contribution instead of a request. Use your imagination, and your knowledge gathered so far while interacting with influencers, to lure them in taking up your deal. It can be as simple as sharing their most recent piece to boost its visibility.
- Create an experience for your influencer. Instead of briefing a product, giving them an experience around it will help them create interesting content, eventually leading to more engagement for your brand.
- Stand out in the crowd. Any influencer will do some background check on your company before engaging with you. Make sure to optimize your profile by showing off your expertise to stand out in your own right.
- Respect the influencer’s time. Acknowledging that they are busy people in your approach, will help you earn their respect in return. Nothing will turn them away faster from you than demanding attention or disrespecting their time.
Learn to take rejection. You are less likely to get successful with the first influencer you approach. It is advisable to hire a social media influencer marketing company like Blogweet in New Delhi who have the expertise to make things work in your favour. They know the right tactics to approach the right influencers for you, within your budget, and with a strategic plan.
Influencer Marketing is a game of patience and consistency. These few points will help you understand their side of the coin, and lead to an ideal partnership.