The digital wave has touched all of us in different measures. Few terms have become common, yet confusing. And one such confusing term is ‘social media influencer marketing'. The internet which gave rise to it has also given space to many definitions of the term. To simplify it, let’s take a look to know what social influencer marketing is all about and how it works.
What is social media influencer marketing?
As the world shrinks digitally, brands are taking help of influential people, known as influencers, in building relationships with potential customers online. This practice, known as social media influencer marketing makes use of an influencer in making more people aware of their brand.
Now that we have defined who is an influencer, now lets see how social media influencer marketing actually works for quality audience reach and engagement:
- Identifying the topics the influencer can speak on to the targeted buyers.
- Measuring all earned media channels that can lift the brand the most.
- Engaging with potential customers via social media channels.
- Repeating the strategies that have worked the best for your brand with the influencer; or look for a new one in case of a failure.
Now lets look into the advantages of social media influencer marketing
- Social media influencers might have a smaller but loyal audience than mega influencers, but can drive more engagement through actions and social mentions.
- People go with authentic real-life recommendations when making a purchase decision. An influencer sharing his/her brand experiences is therefore crucial as it makes the end consumer more positive about the brand.
- By taking an influencer on-board, you are able to give out clear messages in terms of your quality and personas that people can relate to.
- Established influencers are active in relevant verticals, and strategically make building and fostering stronger relationships more seamless and effective.
Best practices to build a strategy around social media influencers
- Identify your brand’s goals before reaching out to an influencer. Think of not only a campaign, but also ways to equip them with ways for the right mentions on social media platforms.
- Break through the clutter and give your influencer something interesting and relatable to talk about.
- Focus on experience, as at the end of the day it comes down to the whole experience one gets from the brand, be it beautifying oneself or getting acquainted with the latest technology.
- Visually drive your campaign by supplying your influencer with enough high-resolution, attractive images that compels the audience to probe further.
Most importantly, approach social media influencer marketing not in terms of a campaign, but as network building. An influencer’s presence should steer your brand in a rewarding direction rather than just temporarily uplift the brand.